Valentines’s Day is quickly approaching! Whether it’s your favorite day of the year or least, I pinky promise this strawberry dessert will make the day an overwhelming success. Make them for a boyfriend, girlfriend, or to eat alone sitting next to your cat while watching Netflix (I won’t judge, in fact I’m a bit jealous) – whatever you do, it’ll be well worth the effort!
With the boy happy as a clam overseas for the semester, I decided to avoid the inevitable sadness of February 14th by planning a getaway weekend with one of my best girlfriends Catherine in Tyler, TX. We’ve got plans for massages, shopping, and an Italian dinner and I CAN’T WAIT. Goes to show Valentine’s day isn’t just for couples, show a little love to your friends as well!
Catherine came to visit Dallas last weekend and was kind enough to help me prep this particular recipe so y’all can try it next Friday! This is a great example of a dish to make with someone too. It’s fun, easy, and it doesn’t hurt to have an extra set of hands!
Choclate-Covered, Cheesecake-Filled Strawberries: Makes 1lb of Strawberries
- 1 lb strawberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup crushed graham crackers
- Good Quality Dipping Chocolate
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and scoop out the inside
- In a small mixing bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Place filling in a baggie and cut the tip off.
- Squeeze filling into each strawberry.
- Spread the crushed graham crackers on a plate or cutting board.
- Gently press the top of each filled strawberry into the graham crackers crumbs until top is covered.
- Dip the strawberries in the dipping chocolate and then lay to dry.
Hope this dish adds a little something extra to your Valentine’s Day this year! It’s easy to get caught up in the greeting cards and the boxes of chocolate, so be sure to take a moment and appreciate all the love in your life. And if that happens to involve some good food, even better!! Happy eating everyone!